StreetCred offers free tax preparation to make sure you get the money you deserve!
Due to COVID-19, we offer online tax filing, with live, virtual assistance, so you can get your taxes prepared from the comfort of your home!
- Upload your documents starting late January 2021.
- Register here to get an email from us when our service goes live in January!
- Complete within 5-10 business days! * Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-414-5170.
Our tax preparers are friendly and expert! All have passed an IRS-certification.
- Families who make under $56,000 per year
- Limited English speakers
- Persons with disabilities
- The elderly
We specialize in:
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC): a refundable credit for low to moderate-income working individuals. The money you get back varies based on income and how many children you have (maximum ~$6,000).
- Child Tax Credit: worth $2,000 per child under the age of 18.
If your child attends the pediatric clinic, you are also entitled to take advantage of these other two financial services opportunities.
529 College Savings Accounts
StreetCred supports you in saving for your child’s future. We know you have big dreams for your kids and that raising them is financially stressful. We want to help you reach your goals!
- Enrollment in 529 college savings accounts (takes 15-20 minutes)
- Get $50 free from the state of Massachusetts if your child is < 1 year old and born after January 1st, 2020 or was adopted less than 1 year ago
The benefits of 529 accounts:
- No taxes
- Invested in index funds to help your money grow faster than in a regular savings account
- You will never owe money on the account
- Won’t affect your eligibility for other resources like SNAP or WIC
- Free money from the state -- $50 will grow even if you never add any extra money!
Dealing with your finances can be stressful, but StreetCred can help!
We offer individual financial coaching to help you meet your goals, including:
- Developing and sticking to a budget
- Opening a bank account
- Building your credit
- Saving for a car or a home
- Virtual (phone or video)
- At flexible times to work with your schedule
Most clients need multiple sessions over a period of months to meet their goals.
Financial coaches are:
- Experts (Certified Financial Planners)
- Affiliated with the Foundation for Financial Planning
- English or Spanish-speaking
Interested in tax preparation, 529 college savings accounts, or financial coaching? Leave us your contact information below, and we’ll be in touch!