The Medical Tax Collaborative (MTC) is a coalition of health systems and financial services agencies in 14 states and D.C. sharing best practices and technical support regarding the integration of wealth-building services, including VITA tax preparation, into medical settings.
Benefits to joining the MTC include:
- Access to a network of like-minded peers re-envisioning services provided in medical settings via quarterly meetings and an interactive online platform
- Extensive toolkit: a detailed step-by-step templated guide on how to implement a VITA tax site, grant writing, staff & volunteer recruiting, site coordinator guides & checklists, marketing materials & approaches, clinic integration approaches, and data collection
- Best practices on client engagement & implementation tips on running a tax-site within a medical setting
- Optional participation in joint evaluations
- Aggregate data sharing from the entire network. Sites advertise the collective effort we all achieved together!
We ask all members to actively participate in the MTC by:
- Sharing aggregated VITA tax site data (number served and dollars returned)
- Engaging regularly with the network of peers
- Working creatively to build the movement building financial stability as a key driver of child health
To join the MTC, fill out the MTC Application form.